Self-Paced WordPress Training Course Overview
This is a self-paced training course. You do the course at your own pace and in your own space.
The course will equip computer literate individuals with no web design or coding experience with the knowledge and skills to design a complete professional WordPress website on their harddrives from scratch.
WordPress (https://wordpress.org) is free and open source software (FOSS).
About Our Self-Paced WordPress Training Course
When you watch some of these online training videos, the presenter speaks fast, they move the mouse fast, they do a number of actions at the same time, they move between screens which is difficult to follow. Invariably, you have to pause the video, rewind it, play it again to catch up. They give you little to no time to do what they did.
Our videos are training videos and not explainer/demo videos. In the other videos, the presenter will say: “I’m going to show you how to …”. In our videos, we say: “In this video, we are going to do …”
In our training videos, we work systematically through the steps. It is as if we are doing one-on-one training. We repeat the steps, there are pauses between steps so that you can follow what was done.
This course is aimed at:
- Those who want to save on designing a website or making changes to a website
- Those who have developed websites using Frontpage or Dreamweaver
- Those who want to move their static or Joomla or Wix or Weebly website to WordPress
- Those who want to know what WordPress is all about
- Those who want to be in control of their website
- Those who want a mobile-friendly/responsive website
The only prerequisite is that you must be computer literate.
We assume that you start the course with no web design or WordPress experience.
Programming/coding knowledge is not required.
Self-Paced Training Requirements
- You are required to have a laptop, Mac or PC
- The use of a headset is recommended to block out unwanted noise and distractions while you watch the videos.
- Module 1: Open Source Software
- Module 2: Setting Up a Local Web Server
- Module 3: Creating a WordPress Website
- Module 4: Dashboard Login
- Module 5: The WordPress Interface
- Module 6: Changing WordPress Settings
- Module 7: About Plugins
- Module 8: The Page Screen
- Module 9: Optimising Images
- Module 10: Creating Web Pages
- Module 11: Creating a Menu
- Module 12: Creating Posts
- Module 13: Inserting Hyperlinks
- Module 14: About Shortcodes
- Module 15: Adding a Photo Gallery
- Module 16: Creating a Contact Form
- Module 17: About Widgets and Sidebars
- Module 18: Themes and Appearance
- Module 19: Styling the Home Page
- Module 20: Inserting an Image Slider
- Module 21: Adding Social Media Buttons
- Module 22: Adding Font Awesome Icons To Text
- Module 23: Adding Videos to Your Website
- Module 24: Inserting A Google Map
- Module 25: WordPress Web Security
- Module 26: Backing Up the Website