The aim of the course is to introduce participants to the behaviour and psychology of the domestic dog. It is designed to equip students with a basic knowledge of normal and unusual behaviours and their purposes or what they can tell us about the dog.
1) Ways of Explaining Canine Behaviour
2) Mating Behaviour and Birth
3) The Psychology of the Young Dog
4) The Psychology of the Adult Dog
5) Unusual Canine Behaviour
6) Avoiding Problem Behaviour
- Study Level 3
- The study Level relates to the how demanding the course is. 1 is beginner and 5 is HND / Foundation Degree level.
- 6 Module Course
- This course is delivered in 6 study modules which need to be passed to gain the qualification
- Course fee – R7000.00 (includes registration and certification)
- Installment option – R1500 registration, R200 certification and R1000 per module
Monthly installments – Choose your own amount to pay monthly, no less than R500, over and above reg and cert payment. (This option ensures that finances don’t get in the way of completing your course, giving you peace of mind.)(Each module must be paid up before release.)
Pet Sense College is correspondence college for education in animal care, behaviour and training which exclusively represents Compass Education and Training, in Africa and Australia. Our association ensures that our courses are of the highest standard.
Pet Sense College provides quality education to students who would like to work with animals in a professional capacity. Pet Sense College aims to provide education which is competitive and prides itself in offering courses which are internationally recognised thanks to our partnership with Compass Education and Training UK.
People who love animals and want to work with them are often faced with the challenges of not being able to prove their skills or to build on those that they have. It is for these people, who want to work in shelters, day care, pet sitting, vet practices or animal training, that Pet Sense College is introducing a series of diploma courses.
Our courses are recognised by the Animal Behaviour Consultants of South Africa who are the registering authority for animal behaviour consultants in Southern Africa.
Registration is open all year round. You decide when you are ready to register as all our courses are correspondence. There are no exams as you are marked on course work and module projects. You can work at your own pace, within reason. We believe there should be a limit, as the longer the gap between modules the more you need to reacquaint yourself with previous work. ...