A Certified Financial Accountant is primarily responsible for, amongst other functions:
- All Financial Accountant functions,
- The Accounting Officer functions,
- Preparation of annual financial statements,
- Signing off annual financial statements of close corporations,
- Working closely with the Chartered Certified Accountant and Registered Auditor,
- Thorough knowledge of corporate strategy, management accounting control systems, financial reporting and regulatory frameworks (particularly IFRS), and accounting theory and practice.
In order to complete the National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting, students will have to complete all the following subjects:
The subjects from National Certificate: Bookkeeping (Junior Bookkeeper)
- Introduction to Business English
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
- Payroll and Monthly SARS Returns
- Computerised Bookkeeping
- Business Literacy
The subjects from the FET Certificate Bookkeeping (Certified Senior Bookkeeper)
6. Financial Statements
7. Cost and Management Accounting
The subjects from this qualification, the National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting
8. Income Tax Returns
9. Business Law and Accounting Control
The subjects from this qualification, the National Diploma: Certified Financial Accounting
10. Corporate Strategy
11. Management Accounting Control Systems
12. Financial Reporting and Regulatory Frameworks
13. Research Theory and Practice (by short dissertation; topic: Financial Accounting)
Assessment is based on the submission of a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) which will comprise of formative activities and evaluations, as well as one summative assessment (final exam). PoE assessment comprises formative / interim assessment of activities (assignments)
and evaluations (tests) that count 30% towards the total mark. A Summative Assessment (final exam) contributes to the remaining 70% of your marks. The PoE is basically a file containing all the evidence necessary for a learner to be declared competent against
the relevant outcomes.
Please Note: There will be a dissertation required for the subject ‘Accounting Theory and Practice’.
48 – 60 monthsWhat certificate will I get?
When can I start?
You will be awarded with a National Diploma:Certified Financial Accounting from FASSET. You will be awarded with a Programme Completion Certificate from the ICB. As Skills Academy values education and cares about our students, your completion award will be sent to you via courier so that you receive it as soon as possible and without any delays.
You can start right now! Fill in the form below and a friendly Student Consultant will contact you to ensure this is the right course for you.
We are a distance learning college that offers a wide range of courses namely:
- Creative Courses
- Business Courses
- Computer Courses
All our courses are designed to improve your skills in these fields of interest.
We offer a unique and easy way of furthering your education, improving your career opportunities or simply increasing your knowledge on a certain area of interest.
Along with our wonderful list of courses, we offer great services to the benefit of all our students. They are:
- Needs & Wants Satisfied: We strive to give our students our full attention. We want to help them every step of the way in completing their chosen courses.
- Put on the Right Path: We make sure that our students are enrolled for courses that are right for them. We want to make sure that they will be happy and well prepared for their chosen career paths.
- Well-Built Support System: Our well-built support system and on-call experts have been put into place to help our students finish their courses as quickly and successfully as possible.
- Great Study Help: We give our students all the study help and materials they need to pass. ...