Mapping and Visualization in Agriculture and Climate Change using GIS and Remote Sensing Technologies.
Agricultural and climate change intervention projects and programmes may fail to achieve the required outcomes and impacts due to non-use of GIS and remote sensing technology. A geographical information system (GIS) is a collection of hardware software, and procedures to collect, manage, retrieve, manipulate, analyze and display spatial data. Remote sensing is the acquisition of information about an object or phenomenon without making physical contact with the object and thus in contrast to on-site observation, especially the Earth. This training workshop will equip participants with handy skills for use in spatial and Earth Observation (EO) as a tool to integrate knowledge about climate change, agriculture, and food security in a meaningful and innovative way.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
• Use GIS as monitoring tool for projects and programmes activities in agriculture and climate change setup.
• Familiarize with spatial data availability
• Appreciate the role of spatial data infrastructure (SDI) in agriculture and climate change setup
• Use participatory GIS (PGIS) at community level
• Conduct agriculture and climate change modeling using GIS
• Collect data using Mobile data gathering tools
• Integrate GIS within new and existing activities in agriculture and climate change.
Who should enroll?
The course is useful for professionals who use spatial data as part of their work and who need to make decisions from such data. Such professionals include: Agricultural specialists, M&E practitioners, rural development workers, program managers and students among others.
Why train with us
Vital Extra Learning guarantees our clients:
• State-of-the-art facilities and training infrastructure
• Extended tradition of hand-holding during post engagement
• Service delivery through highly seasoned industry experts.
• Value for money
|Weekdays||08:00 AM — 05:00 PM|
|No. of Days:||5|
VITAL EXTRA LEARNING AND CONSULTANCY is a registered consultancy firm with its Head Office in Abuja, Nigeria. It is one of the emerging providers of competency development and learning solutions for career advancement for professionals. We provide strategic consulting services for both professionals and corporate organizations. We design and offer trainings and consultancy services to both public and private sectors, including non-profit organizations.
Our brand, VEL® an abbreviation for “Vital Extra Learning” has also extended its services to other countries in Africa, particularly in Kenya, Rwanda and South Africa. We are also working to expand our operations in other parts of the world through collaborations and partnerships with other training and consulting firms in the United Kingdom (UK), United States (US), Germany, and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).